- How long have you been in your current role?
- What has changed about your job?
- What has changed about your personal life?
- What's the most challenging thing about your job right now?
- What is the most challenging thing about your life right now?
- What do you feel passionate about (either inside or outside the office)?
- How successful do you feel at your job?
- What could make you feel more successful at your job?
- What is the next step in your career?
- What fulfills you?
- What are you missing in your daily life?
- What types of challenges do you find exciting?
Monday, June 15, 2015
You can't target the exact moment it happened, but it happened. You are showing up for work later and later. You care just a little bit less about getting your work done in a timely manner and you stopped being curious about what's next for you at work. It does sound a little like the movie Office Space.
At certain points in our career, we lose motivation at our jobs. How could this happen? It was a job you loved six months ago. So, what made you stop caring? It's a great question and one you need to ask yourself if you are going through this phase. How can you get to the bottom of it? Try answering these questions:
After you answer these questions, take a step back and think about what you want. How much do you want to regain your motivation? What are the obstacles in your way? How can you remove them?
Once you come to understand yourself a little more, your next steps will be clear.
To learn more about career coaching, go to www.katekibler.com