Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Welcome!


Welcome! If you landed on this page and are reading this blog, I assume you have some level of interest in the fashion industry. Fashion careers are fun, exciting, frustrating, exhilarating and often chaotic. Over time, I will share some of the most entertaining moments in my fashion career and encourage you to do the same through your comments. Although the stories are sometimes meant to get a laugh or will provoke disbelief, my goal will be to attach learning to each. How could I have handled the situation better? What could I have done differently? What were the moments that pushed my career forward or set me back? I do not want this to be all about me. That means you will need to contribute your stories. Let’s make this interactive.

Over the course of the blog, I will invite guest posters to share their stories of success and set-backs. Some of my industry recruiting contacts will be asked to jump in and write a post or two on their industry and job search knowledge.  I will also share books or blogs I am reading that focus on career development, changing your mindset or anything else that may help bring your career forward.

The goal of my blog is to have fun, but also help you and others move past some of the challenges and obstacles in this very unique business.  Not long ago, I started a career coaching business specializing in the retail industry. While I offer one on one career coaching (http://www.katekibler.com/) to help you reach your goals, I decided to develop this blog to bring an informal, lighthearted approach to stressful situations.

There are a few things I will ask of you in your posts:

1. Use pseudonyms. We are not trying to “out” your crazy boss, ruin any careers or badmouth a company. The less specific on who, or where, the better.

2. Keep it clean so you can keep your job!

3. Keep the goal in sight. Sharing your stories is for:

·         Career Development
·         Give an outsider an idea of life in the fashion industry
·         A Release, Venting, Commiserating

Other than a fun travel blog, I am new to blogging so please feel free to share feedback. I would like to keep your interest and build a strong, supportive community. This will be fun....



No comments:

Post a Comment