Monday, March 31, 2014

Positive Thoughts

I’m sure you have heard of Murphy’s Law. Murphy’s Law, in short, is the belief that if something can go wrong, it will go wrong.  Have you ever been so nervous or worried about dropping a tray in the cafeteria that it actually happens? Murphy’s Law? I don’t think so. After reading a few books on positive thinking, I am suggesting a change to the theory: if you think something can go wrong, it will go wrong. On the flip side, if you think positive, good things will happen.

Before becoming a career coach, I didn’t really believe this. I thought that the world was just the world. What I think does not control the outcome. I’ve worked with several other coaches and clients on positive thinking and have since changed my position. Positive thinking and reinforcement really does work. Although I’ve read the books, I still don’t know or understand much on neuroplasticity. After reading The Brain that Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science by Norman Doidge MD, what I do know is the power of the mind is amazing. There is so much that we don’t yet know about the human brain. I have seen positive thinking work for me, other coaches and many clients.

If you are skeptical in positive thinking, what is the downside to testing it on your own? How can you change the way you think to remove negative thoughts? Who can help you with positive thinking and affirmations? How can you help others with positive thinking?


To learn more about career coach Kate Kibler, go to www.katekibler.com

No comments:

Post a Comment